S.T.A.R. Puppy Training
Shelzsmide K9s puppy training is built on the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program. Not only will your puppy be introduced to basic commands such as sit, down, stay, touch, and heel, but more importantly you will learn how to handle and train your puppy for a lifetime of enjoyment. Let shelzsmide K9s help your puppy be a shining star!
1. Maintains puppy’s health and vaccines
2. Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
3. Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
4. Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes
5. Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
6. Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
7. Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
8. Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
9. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
10. Owner can hug or hold puppy
11. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
12. Allows petting by a person other than the owner
13. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam
14. Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line
15. Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
16. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
17. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
18. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
19. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
20. Stay on leash with another person.
Shelsmide knows puppy training!