Board & Train and Boot Camp
Looking for a more hands on training experience? Worried about being able to balance bringing your dog to and from the training facility with your normal schedule? Well here at SK9 we offer two different lengths of training sessions with boarding during the entire process. You’ll drop off your dog and pick up a well mannered companion.
- The two-week Board & Train focuses on practical, everyday obedience that is completed with a high level of precision, outside, with distractions! This program provides life skills including exposure to manners and socialization (dogs and people). Your dog will stay with our trainers, in their homes.
- With our 4-week Boot Camp Board and Train, we focus on building a solid foundation for your dog and work through the stages of training at the dog’s pace. We will expose your dog to a variety of different environments, distractions, and situations during our Boot Camp Training. All behaviors are taught with high-level distraction proofing.
Your dog may already know some or most of these commands; however, we will teach them that they are not optional. Your dog will perform the commands even without treats and even under considerable distractions by proofing them during the board and train program. Included with our 2-week Board And Train Program are videos and pictures of your dog’s training.
During our basic program, we will teach the dog
- Sit Stay
- Down Stay
We also work on any issues you may be experiencing
- Jumping on people
- Barging out the door
- Getting on furniture
- Counter surfing
- Pulling on the leash.
In order to finish the program there will be a one-on-one training with you when you pick them up.
Four-Week Boot Camp Program
During our four-week boot camp we’ll work on building a more solid foundation for your dog and work through the stages at your dog’s pace.
- Sit and Extended Sit (Dog remains in position until released)
- Down and Extended Down
- Loose Leash and Off-Leash Walking
- Come on command (outside, off-leash, with distractions)
- Greeting Manners (not jumping)
- Waiting politely at doors and gates (wait when they are opened until released)
- Waiting politely for meals (wait until released)
- Training with distractions (dogs and people)
- Place and Extended Place (Jump up and sit on any object you point to on command and stay there until released)
- Heel Command (off-leash, will come around the right side of your body and sit down right beside of your left leg).
- Emergency down
After completion of the training, the owner is provided 3 training sessions, a one-on-one session which will detail everything their companion does on pick up., how to handle them, and how to properly control them.
We will follow up in a week and visit you at your home
To finish the program, we require one follow up visit where the owner brings the dog back in to discuss training issues.